2013 Project 52

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This child amazes me...

Quick story...but it requires some background. About 3 weeks ago I took Calder to get a haircut at the mall. He had completely freaked out during his previous cut, so this time I bribed him with promises of a lollipop and a ride on the mall carousel - specifically, a ride on the carousel's zebra. The bribes worked - we got through the haircut with minimal whining and he was rewarded with a watermelon flavored lollipop and a ride on his beloved "zeeba".

Now, fast-forward 3 weeks. After work tonight, Dave came home for a quick dinner and then headed out for a haircut. After he left, Calder was finishing up his dinner and started to ask for Daddy. I told him that Daddy went to get his hair cut, and he would be back soon. Calder looked at me, nodded and went back to eating. About 10 minutes later he turns to me and says "Daddy ride zeeba!"

I love this boy.

2 comments:

Wild Family said...

That is such a cute story! It is crazy how they can remember things or that everyone must ride the zebra after they get a hair cut! I love it! :)

Susannah said...

That is so cute, Courtney. Aren't kids just amazing at this age??

Quotes