Monday, December 29, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Calder absolutely hates it when Dave gets too close to me. I really think that he thinks Mommy belongs to him and only him! I can't even get a kiss from my own hubby without Calder yelling "Daddy, you stop kissing Mommy!" and pushing his little body in between us to separate us. It's hysterical!
Somehow, Calder has managed to learn that a good bedtime delay tactic is to ask for a glass of water (seriously, are kids just born with this innate knowledge?). We only allow him a little bit since he is an extremely heavy wetter at night...but who can resist when he asks "Want some little bit of water?"
One of Calder's favorite songs right now is the Wiggles' "Rolling Down the Sandhills". His version? "Rolling Down the Sandwich". :)
He also mixes up 'you' and 'me' very frequently. It is just too precious to hear him say "Mommy, sit on my lap?" or "Mommy, carry you?"
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Jingle Bells from courtney on Vimeo.
So, the lighting is really bad in this video, but Calder will not usually sing on command so I had to get it on video while he was willing. We were singing Christmas songs together at bedtime. Jingle Bells is actually the only one he knows the words to, but he's also a big fan of Frosty the Snowman and Jingle Bell Rock.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
December 5th Update
To complete the list for our family, at dinner tonight we asked Calder what Santa would be bringing for Daddy. Seems as though Daddy will be getting cars and trucks! And for Lucky? A bone? A chew toy? Nope. According to Calder, that lucky ol' dog will be getting.....a haircut. (He just might be right about that one!)
Watching for Santa...
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
My 6 random things...
1. I hate tuna fish. Ok, so I've never even tried it. And I never will.
2. I love being pregnant. Yes, I'm starting to get extremely uncomfortable physically, but there's just something about all the special attention that people give you when you're sporting a big round belly -- I feel like there's an air of excitement around me at all times. And I love, love, love feeling my baby kicking and flipping around inside me. It's something that's mine and only mine which makes it a thousand times more special.
3. I wish I was a better cook.
4. Meatloaf freaks me out. The singer, not the food. Although, now that I think about it, I'm slightly freaked out by the food too.
5. I'm scared of strangers. That's right, I'm 32 years old and I'm scared of strangers. This probably has a lot to do with being robbed at gunpoint at the age of 15...but seriously...will I ever get over this? I inherently assume that all strangers have bad intentions. If a stranger tries to talk to me, I will do whatever possible to abruptly get out of the situation. I won't even answer my own front door unless I know exactly who is behind it. (Yes, I've even hidden from the UPS guy before.) But, hey, that's not such a terrible thing, right?
6. This isn't going to seem so random to those who know me well, but I'm a complete word nerd. I love any type of word game -- boggle, scrabble, crosswords, you name it -- I love it.
I am tagging:
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Two weekends ago, Dave and I were painting the living room while Calder was supposed to be napping. When we heard a noise at the top of the steps, we looked up to see our little darling watching us from the gate -- stark naked and giggling!
So, here's what he's doing right now as I write this. After boycotting his nap earlier this afternoon, Dave sat him down in the family room to watch a little bit of The Wiggles. He lasted about 15 minutes before I saw his little eyelids starting to get really heavy.
Hmmm...I may decide to stop posting these in the next few weeks. I really had no idea how big I was getting until Dave took this picture of me!
I'm still feeling pretty good in general -- however I'm just starting to feel a little uncomfortable. And, I'm soooo tired of maternity clothes.
Monday, November 17, 2008
It took a little bit of work at the beginning to convince him that he wasn't supposed to kick the ball...
Watching his ball with Daddy and cousin Madison.
Having a blast!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Calder: "Hey Mommy, want some?" [Shoves handful of green beans in my face.]
Mommy: "No thank you."
Calder: "You want some, Mommy?" [Shoves handful of green beans in my face again.]
Mommy: "No thanks, Sweetie."
Calder: "Mommy, want some beans?" [Shoves handful of green beans in my face again.]
Mommy: "That's ok, those are for Calder."
Repeat that about 15 times. You get the idea.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Daddy's little helper.
So excited that his big boy train bed is finally ready!!!
First nap in the big boy bed...
First night in the big boy bed. Hmmm... I had been listening intently on the monitor to make sure he didn't fall out of bed, and when he was finally asleep I went up to check on him, and this is what I found. I couldn't believe that I had no idea he had climbed out and made himself a new bed on the floor. Maybe we'll have better luck tonight...
Friday, October 31, 2008
Calder and I finally got around to carving his pumpkin this afternoon. Well, I carved, while he dictated which shapes to use. I tried encouraging him to help take the guts out, but he had no interest in touching them!
Where's his mouth, Mommy?
Posing with the finished product! It was even Calder's idea to give the pumpkin eyebrows!
You may remember Lucky's costume from last year (or was it 2 years ago?) Anyway -- it's a prisoner outfit, that says "Property of the Dog Pound". Calder took one look at it and excitedly said, "Lucky has zebra costume!!!" :)
On Thursday, all of the kids in Calder's daycare center came through our building for a Halloween Parade. It was so cute to see them all dressed up!
The little babies were adorable as they strolled through in the big red buggies!
Here comes Calder! I snapped this picture just as he realized that I was there. He immediately made a beeline for Mommy!
There was no way he was just going to wave and pass on by me, so I ended up walking with him for the rest of the parade. I have to admit, it was pretty fun to show off my cute little turtle to all of my coworkers!
A sleepy turtle, hiding in a corner.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Getting covered in leaves!
Mommy breaks out her old high school jacket and gets in on the fun.
Grandma brought out the box to her new dishwasher for more instant fun!