2013 Project 52

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Four

Once again, it's crazy to think that another year has passed and our baby boy is now four!  Calder is such a great kid.  He's funny and sweet, silly and bossy, inquisitive and a know-it-all, playful and serious.  Lately, he's really into swimming, playing games, reading the Sunday comics with Daddy and all things Toy Story (ESPECIALLY Jessie). 


He's *usually* very sweet to his sister and can often be found planting kisses on her forehead.



He LOVES when we make up stories for him.  Each night, he asks us to tell him a story about "Buzz saves Jessie from _________".   He has a great imagination and has started telling a few creative stories of his own!  He loves learning how to spell and a good chunk of our days is spent answering "How do you spell _____?" 


At home, he's LOUD.  However, with other kids, he's still a little on the shy side and usually prefers independent play.  But, he loves his two "best buddies" at school.  He talks about Evan and Jack all the time and it's really becoming evident how influenced four-year-olds can be.  He constantly mimics what Evan does and came home the other day and said "I just want to be seven."  When prompted as to why, he said "Because Evan does."  Ok!  He likes to make sure everyone is following the rules, even though he doesn't always follow them.  (We're really working on honing those listening ears!!!)  Alas, I think we may have a bit of a tattle-tale on our hands.  

I love recording the things that he says.  He'll crack you up one minute and melt your heart the next.  Some favorite recent quotes:

"Whoa!  I just showed my mother my butt!"
"Mommy, you have pretty blue eyes."
"Is God bigger than a rocketship?"
"I don't feel real comfortable about this spaghetti."
"Worms are my favorite favorite favorite favorite bug. They are squishy and nice."
"Watch out for me, because I'm really good at games. And if Grandma's playing, watch out for Grandma because she's really good at games too. But I keep beating her cuz I love her. I just love her."


After beating me 4 times in a row at Candyland, he said "Let's see if you can win.  I'll be so surprised if you win."  (For the record, I did win -- twice!)  Fortunately, he's a pretty good sport when it comes to games!


And for the official stats:  At 4, he's 44.6 pounds (95th percentile) and 42 inches tall (83rd percentile). 

Calder Lucas, we love you more than you know and we are so blessed to have you in our lives! 

No comments:

Quotes