2013 Project 52

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby, I'm Amazed By You

This kid is amazing.  I guess I should have known, since she has been showing off some serious skills from very early on...
Holding her own bottle at 5 weeks old!

And lately she's been demonstrating her strength by holding her head waaay up during tummy time and looking around the room.

So, one day last week she was holding her head up especially high.  I grabbed my phone to snap a picture of her...and the next thing I knew, she had rolled over! 

I thought it was a fluke, especially after checking my records to find that Calder was 4 months old when he first rolled over and Tessa was 5 months.  Well, it definitely wasn't a fluke -- she did it again for Daddy that night, and now does it frequently during tummy time!  Dave made a good point that she doesn't have much weight to hold her back at this point (just over 9lbs).  Here she is in action:

Rollin' from courtney on Vimeo.

And her other amazing skill?  Sleeping.  Knock on wood...but last night was the 2nd night in a row where she slept 7-8 hours straight.  You go, girl!

No comments:

Quotes