2013 Project 52

Monday, October 12, 2009

Fun in CT

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I (and kids) took a really quick trip to CT to visit my Grandma. It had been almost a year since my last trip up there, so she hadn't met Tessa yet. We had a really nice time, although the visit was too short (~24 hours). Tessa hangs out with her Great-Grandma. After all the effort to try to get the kids to look at the camera for pictures -- this was the only one where Grandma was looking!!Calder was getting a little too wild for my Grandma's small house, so we went off to find a park so he could burn some energy. I happened to see some signs for a nearby farm that was offering pony rides, so I decided to check it out! We were the only ones visiting the farm, and it was actually outside their normal pony ride hours...but they said they could do it anyway. As the woman went off to get her son, we waited patiently by this "pony".

I realize now that this is, in fact, a donkey. But, it was right there by the entrance, so I had just assumed this was what he was going to ride! When they brought out the real pony and I saw how big he was, I started having second thoughts! I thought for sure that Calder would back out once he saw the real pony ("Cloudy"), but he didn't! He hopped right on, and away they went! Calder thoroughly enjoyed his first pony ride, and I think Cloudy did too!
The guy was also nice enough to give me directions to a fantastic nearby park! Calder had a great time and became instant friends with all the other little kids playing there. And to top it off, he conked out for a much-needed nap only minutes after getting in the car to head back to Grandma's!

No comments:

Quotes