2013 Project 52

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cold, Creamy Deliciousness

In celebration of my birthday (and Calder's 17 month milestone) we treated ourselves to a trip to Cold Stone Creamery! Here we are checking out the yummy toppings!

"Do you mean to tell me that I have to choose just one flavor?"

Calder loved it! Not surprising, given how much Dave and I both love ice cream. If you look closely you can see a tiny teardrop in his left eye. This is the remnant of a major crying fit after his first bowl of ice cream landed face down on the floor when he tried to take the spoon out. Luckily, the staff at Cold Stone responded quickly to his (very loud) cries and replaced his bowl in seconds!

We had planned to get him vanilla, but when we saw that they had banana flavored ice cream, we went with that. He took one taste and said 'nana!'
We were worried that we might see more tears once his bowl was empty, but he did great. We all said 'bye-bye' to the ice cream as we headed back home. (This is a great trick, and works wonders when we need to take something away from him. He is so much more willing to give something up if we ask him to say bye-bye to it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday, Courtney! It looks like you had an adventure going to Stone Cold Creamery! Mmmm, I wish we had some of that here in Toronto, there are none to be had here in Canada (as far as I know) - but I have seen it on the Food Network! lol!

I hope this year brings you much joy!!

Quotes