2013 Project 52

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Home!

After the longest 27 days of our lives...our precious baby Alyse is finally home!  She passed her carseat challenge on Friday night and met her 3 day requirement of no breathing issues at 3:44am on Saturday.  I seriously would have been there at 3:45 to pick her up...but she had to be examined by the neonatologist one last time before discharge, so the earliest we could pick her up was 8:30 or 9.  So, I called the hospital around 7:45 to make sure everything was still going as planned.  The nurse sounded unsure, and then told me that Alyse had a breathing spell overnight and the doctor had not seen her yet to make a final decision.  My heart dropped and I could barely even finish my conversation with her.  Fortunately, the doctor called me less than 10 minutes later and told me not to worry, that it was not a true breathing spell, and she would still be going home.  Phew!  Regardless, we really weren't allowing ourselves to believe that she was truly coming home until she was actually in the car with us.  Finally, after an hour-long discharge process, they disconnected her from the monitor, loaded us up with lots of hospital freebies and we were out of there!  It is so wonderful to finally have our whole family together!

Goodbye, monitor!



Look, Mom, no wires! 

Adios, hospital crib!

All dressed up in her coming home outfit (from Grandma)!
Calder meets his "Baby Sweetie" for the first time.  We have to be really careful of her getting sick, so we told the kids that she really likes to be kissed on the toes. 
Big Sister's turn.

A happy Grandma!  My mom had been here for 2 1/2 weeks helping us out, and I was worried that she was not going to get to meet Alyse before she had to leave.  In the end, she got to have about 4 or 5 hours with her before her flight left that afternoon. 
Our new family of FIVE!

No comments:

Quotes