Our baby girl is TWO today!
She's a spunky little thing who is just starting to show a hint of the terrible twos. Her language has exploded over the last month or so. She's starting to speak in full sentences, many of which are demands: "Drink your water, Calder", "Close the door, Daddy" or "Hold the baby, Mommy." She blew me away the other day with her longest sentence ever: "I took the baby's clothes off, Mommy!"
She loves to color and "paint" (aka, color with markers).
She's starting to show the slightest interest in TV. She'll watch Curious George for about 5 minutes and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for about 10. Her favorite character is Pete from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...which is unfortunate because he's not in every episode and when he is, he usually has a pretty small role. So, she spends the whole time shouting "More Pete! More Pete!"
Her favorite foods are pancakes, shredded cheese, peaches, tomato soup, ketchup and mustard. (But not necessarily together!) She really is a good eater in terms of variety. She eats most things that we put in front of her (unlike her brother), but she just doesn't eat a lot of it.
Other things I want to remember about Tessa at two:
- She knows her first and last names
- She figured out my first name and has recently said to me "Happy New Year, Courtney" and "Pizza hot, Courtney"
- She really wants to be able to do things by herself...but just isn't quite there yet. She tries so hard to put her shoes and coat on by herself and take them off by herself. She's getting close!
- When I come in from outside, she'll tug on my scarf and say "Blanket off, Mommy!"
- When she doesn't know the name for something she'll say "This, this" over and over.
- She loves to watch me put on makeup and she wants to take part too. She loves when I pretend to blush her cheeks, dust her eyes with eyeshadow and gloss her lips.
- As soon as we start the car, she requests her favorite songs. Once the music is on, she yells "Turn it up!"