2013 Project 52

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pen Pals in Baltimore

When I was young, I had tons of pen pals, but my favorite was always Amy.  Since she lived just outside of Chicago, we even had the opportunity to meet a few times.  I think we were probably about 12 or 13 when we first started writing to each other, and we continued to write even through college.  And although we don't write 'real' letters anymore, we still keep in touch with Christmas cards and the occasional email.  So, I was very excited when she emailed me to let me know that her family would be vacationing in the Hershey, PA area and she wanted to know if we could meet up with them in Baltimore!  I jumped at the chance, and packed up the kids one Tuesday and headed to the Baltimore Aquarium.  Amy's son, Aaron, is just a few months older than Calder, so it was a lot of fun to watch them together.  They hit it off right away, and enjoyed keeping their parents running after them through a crowded aquarium! 



Tessa really enjoyed watching this turtle eat his blueberry salad!



A few photo ops before we go!  Kevin, Amy & Aaron.  This was taken by Calder...luckily I was able to  crop his finger out of the frame. :)



The pen pals and their boys!  Someone was only in the mood to take the pictures....



Thanks for working us into your vacation, Amy!  It was so great to see you and finally meet your fam! :)

No comments:

Quotes