2013 Project 52

Friday, July 10, 2009

Yum?

Tessa has officially entered the world of food! She had her first taste of baby cereal last night. Pediatricians say you can start baby food between 4-6 months. With Calder, I remember being so excited to try it that we started at 4 1/2 months. Perhaps it's a sign of 2nd child syndrome...but I was in no hurry at all with Tessa. I already feel like there aren't enough hours in the day, and this is just one more thing to do! And, honestly, she didn't seem ready to me until a few weeks ago. Anyway, we went straight for oatmeal, since Calder was never a huge fan of rice cereal. She seemed to be ok with it, despite being in a bit of a bad mood. She's teething pretty bad these days and I think she liked mouthing the spoon more than the actual cereal! She snatched it right out of my hand after the first bite! I think bananas are next on the menu...mainly because I have some nice ripe ones. They were always a big hit with Calder, so it will be interesting to see whether their tastes are similar. Will we have another fruitatarian?

No comments:

Quotes