2013 Project 52

Friday, March 6, 2009

We Love Super Why!

Since Tessa's birth, Calder watches more TV than I would like to admit. It's just the only way I can get her fed/changed/bathed sometimes. His new favorite show is called Super Why! which airs on PBS. LOVE THIS SHOW! It focuses on reading and spelling, and really is geared toward older kids, but he absolutely loves it! I cannot tell you how much he has learned in the past month. Prior to watching it, he could recite the alphabet, but didn't always recognize which letters were which. He knew some upper-case letters (a handful or two) and no lower-case letters. In just one month, his letter recognition has improved tremendously. He knows every upper-case letter and several lower-case letters. And he now walks around 'spelling' everything he sees! The other day, we were getting ready to get in my car, and as he walked around to the back I heard him say "H-I-G-H-L-A-N-D-E-R"!

Super job, super readers!!!

1 comment:

Quotes