2013 Project 52

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Big Brother In Training

Calder and I were doing a bit of shopping yesterday when he saw this baby doll from about 20 feet away and insisted on holding onto it. I had been thinking about getting him a baby to "practice" with for when the real baby arrives, and I was thrilled that he decided on his own that he wanted it. So, I decided to buy it for him. AND, doing so meant that I avoided a public meltdown by not having to pry it out of his hands before leaving the store. Double Score!
When we got to the car, I could not get the baby out of the box fast enough -- Calder was dying to hold it. (Yes, it's an "it" since Calder hasn't decided yet if it's a boy or a girl.) When we got home, he carried it with him everywhere, and even sang "Rock-A-Bye Baby" -- which is particularly impressive, since we almost never sing that song to him. He loves his baby so much, I know he is going to make an excellent big brother!

1 comment:

Lindsay Margenau said...

So sweet! I got Luke a doll too - that we planned to give to him after the baby was born, but maybe you've got the better idea -- get him used to it beforehand. Let us know when Calder comes up with a name for his 'baby' - so far Luke hasn't really grasped that concept and I wonder when it will all click that babies have names...

Quotes