2013 Project 52

Monday, May 18, 2009

AHHHH!

So, I'm the first to admit that I'm not the most patient person around. But I will say that I have improved tremendously in this area since having children. Although, anyone who's ever had a 2-year old knows that it's not really an option - you HAVE to practice some patience. Calder has definitely been putting my patience (and sanity) to the test lately with his endless questions. It's really not so much the questions...it's the constant repetition of the same questions. Here's a snapshot of this morning's car ride:

Calder: "Where are we going?"
Mommy: "To the library and the park!"
Calder : "Where are we going, Mommy?"
Mommy: "We're going to the library and then to the park."
Calder: "Are we going to the library?"
Mommy: "Yes."
Calder: "And then are we going to the park?"
Mommy: "Yes"
Calder: "What are you doing, Mommy?"
Mommy: "I'm driving."
Calder: "So we can go to the library and to the park?"
Mommy: "Yep."
Calder: "Where are we going, Mommy?"
Mommy: "Where do you think we are going, Calder?"
Calder: "To the library and the park!"
Mommy: "That's right."
Calder: "Where are we going? Where do you think we are going, Mommy?"
Mommy: Silence.
Calder: "Where's Daddy?"
Mommy: "He went to work."
Calder: "Did Daddy go to work?"
Mommy: "Yes, honey."
Calder: "Where's my Daddy?"
Mommy: "He's at work, honey."
Calder: "Where are we going, Mommy?"

It didn't end there, but I'll spare you the rest. I think you get the idea!

3 comments:

Susannah said...

Laughing out loud on this one, Courtney. This definitely could be a transcription of conversations I have with Amelia every day. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one losing my mind with the questions! :)

Wild Family said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! I feel your pain :)

Lindsay Margenau said...

We're there too. So exhausting, and at some point it becomes fun to start answering nonsensically... but thats just cruel. :) It does feel good that at least I'm not alone!

Quotes